Prevention is better than cure!
Athletes of all levels can be helped by an osteopath and podiatrist. Both osteopaths and podiatrists work in a preventive and curative manner to screen for and prevent injuries, as well as to heal injuries as quickly as possible. If you experience a recurring injury or are generally injury prone, this could be a sign that you should see an osteopath or podiatrist.
Below you will find some of the most common sports injuries for which you can receive osteopathic and podiatric treatment:
- Muscle and joint pain
- Back and pelvic pain
- Knee injuries
- Scoliosis and leg length discrepancies
- Progressive overload injuries such as tendonitis and stress fractures
- Cartilage damage such as osteoarthritis
- Pubalgia (sports hernia)
- Iliotibial band syndrome or runner’s knee
- Jumper’s knee
- Osgood-Schlatter disease (pain under the patella)
- Shin splints
- Morton’s neuroma
- Plantar faciitis (jogger’s heel) and/or heel spurs
Both osteopaths and podiatrists work hand in hand and with others to ensure that patients get the right care and treatment. After all, the patients’ welfare and interests are always the number one priority!
OSPOPLUS also work on site:
Are you organising a sporting event where you need an osteopath or podiatrist on site? If so, we would be happy to help. Thanks to our first-hand experience as athletes and our sports-oriented training, you can count on seamless paramedical supervision at your event or competition.